Cigarette butt blamed for inferno

0
1408

MP in Valencia, Juan Carlos Moragues (PP) says a cigarette not put out properly is believed to be the cause of the first fire which started at the viewing point in Benitatxell and sparks from this ignited the others in the chain which destroyed 879 hectares and forced the evacuation of 1,400 residents.
He criticised the regional government for claiming it was the work of arsonists, saying ‘speculation’ merely hinders investigations.

Read more in this week’s print edition or go to e-paper

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.