PM to leave too

0
799
epa05387118 British Prime Minister David Cameron announces his resignation after losing the vote in the EU Referendum outside No. 10 Downing Street in London, Britain, 24 June 2016. Britons in a referendum on 23 June have voted by a narrow margin to leave the European Union (EU). Media reports on early 24 June indicate that 51.9 per cent voted in favour of leaving the EU while 48.1 per cent voted for remaining in. EPA/FACUNDO ARRIZABALAGA +++(c) dpa - Bildfunk+++

PM David Cameron appeared outside Number 10 this morning to announce he will no longer be PM after October and admit defeat in his leadership of the Remain campaign for yesterday’s referendum.
The PM assured Britons living in other EU countries and EU residents living the UK that no changes will be made affecting their current status yet and that a two-year negociation period now begins – a period he will not be leading.

 

Read more in this week’s print edition or go to e-paper

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.