Advice on legalising illegal homes


A public meeting is being held at Alfaz del Pi town hall this month about the new MIT licences that are being issued by the regional government.

“If you have an illegal/unlicensed property built on rural land obtaining a MIT licence is the only way it can be legalised,” according to regional town planning experts.

Hundreds of thousands of illegal homes have been built in the countryside of the Valencia region in recent decades, including municipalities such as Catral, Llíber, Orihuela and many more.

Experts on the legalisation process via the territorial impact minimisation (MIT) licences will be at the Alfaz meeting to explain how it can be done.

Speaking at the event will be regional director for town planning Vicente García Nebot;  director general of the Valencia agency of land protection (AVPT), Manuel Civera Salvador; and regional town planning expert, John Kirby

Full report in Friday’s Costa Blanca News

Read more in this week’s print edition or go to e-paper


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.