Advice on residency certificates and Brexit


The British consulate in Alicante has issued advice for anyone who is ‘refused their residency application because of Brexit’.

They are told to request a ‘hoja de reclamacion’ (complaints form) and ‘complete it whilst at the police station, then ask the police to stamp it and keep a copy as proof’.

“The local authorities tell us that they are still issuing residency certificates to UK nationals so if anyone does have any problems, it’s important they submit a complaint then and there,” explained a consulate spokeswoman.

Full report in Friday’s Costa Blanca News

Read more in this week’s print edition or go to e-paper


  1. Dear Editor,
    Alameda del Mar – Playa Flamenca – since a long time there are no flags on the front of that building.
    Amazing,that the Town Hall in Orihuela Costa are not forcing the Administration (Lady) to hanging the 3 flags,which are in Spain a normal process.
    I have complain about that(written notice), but no effect !!!
    If the have no money for the flags I can pay ?


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.