Listeriosis: Briton is first foreigner to be infected

0
398

A British man has become the first confirmed case of a foreigner to be infected with Listeriosis after eating contaminated processed pork (Carne mechada) in Sevilla while visiting the city.
The man was treated at a hospital in France when the first symptoms appeared and was discharged and returned to the UK. There are currently over 200 confirmed cases of Listeria bacteria poisoning found in the production chain of ‘La Mechá’ processed pork factory in Sevilla.

Read more in this week’s print edition or go to e-paper

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.